Indy Shorts International Film Festival presents two films made in Noblesville – Hamilton County Reporter
‘Toboggan ‘Bout Town’, ‘The Supper Club’ under spotlight at six-day event
The Oscar-qualified Indy Shorts International Film Festival runs July 19-24. This year’s theme is “The World’s Greatest Short Films“. Screenings will take place at Living Room Theaters (indoors), Newfields (indoors and amphitheater), Indianapolis Art Center (outdoors) and virtually.
‘Bout Town Slide
- Directed by Rocky Walls
- Program: Spotlight on Indiana 1
- Screening: 2 p.m. Saturday, July 23 at the Toby Theater in Newfields, 4000 N. Michigan Road, Indianapolis
- About the movie: Three years ago, Noblesville resident Geoff Davis organized a community slide build at the local library. About a hundred people have teamed up to create two traditional American slides. That day, a dream was born: to build a toboggan and then represent his Indiana community at the National Toboggan Championships in Maine.
The Supper Club
- Directed by David Neidert
- Program: Spotlight on Indiana 2
- Screening: 3 p.m. Sunday, July 24 at the Toby Theater in Newfields, 4000 N. Michigan Road, Indianapolis
- About the movie: The menus have been printed. The space was ready. The date was set. Then the world shut down. It’s a story of heartbreak, adaptation and good food.
Tickets and movie lineup are available at IndyShorts.org.